The mobile channel is obviously hot and getting hotter. It’s shaping how people do a number of activities from shopping to getting info, to finding directions and more. If you’re looking for ways to do more with mobile (or you’re just looking for some cool stats), here are some useful facts reflecting on the past year of mobile marketing and commerce.
- 51% – The percentage of mobile phone subscribers that now own a smartphone.
- 4 in 10 – The amount of people who conduct a search via their mobile phone each day.
- 70% – The amount of mobile searches that result in a call or visit to a business or a purchase that same day.
- 6% – The amount of purchases retailers expect to come from m-commerce this holiday season.
- 55.3% – The percentage of consumers who plan to use their smartphone to research and plan holiday purchases, find brick-and-mortar stores, or actually make purchases.
- 57% – The percentage of shoppers who are inclined to blame a brand if an in-store mobile experience doesn’t work properly.
- 61% – The number of restaurants and retailers that used location-based targeting to drive in-store traffic during the first half of 2012.
Looking for even more? Check out these resources as well.