Just last week, Mary Meeker gave her widely anticipated state of the web presentation at Stanford University. The presentation was full of interesting data and predictions on everything from mobile device and connectivity trends to the decline of the use of Windows powered machines and more.
You can view her entire presentation by clicking on the image or link below, but before you do, here are some interesting tidbits:
- 29% of US adults own either a tablet or an e-reader
- There are 1.1 billion smartphone subscribers worldwide. The US ranks second on the list of countries with the highest number of subscribers at 172 million.
- Mobile internet traffic now accounts for 13% of all internet traffic
- Meeker predicts mobile internet traffic will soon surpass desktop traffic in several countries. (Mobile internet traffic is has already passed internet traffic in India.
- 24% of Black Friday shopping traffic was via mobile device, up from just 6% two years ago
- Global Shipments of smartphones and tablets are far exceeding shipments of PCs and notebooks
- The amount of information shared digitally has grown nine times higher in 5 years.
Check out the full presentation here.